PROJECTS IN PAKISTAN
- Pearl Health Center was established in Lahore, Pakistan in July 2011 where over 20,000 poor, needy and deserving patients have received free medical check-ups and treatment so far from July 2011 to June 2013.
- Pearl Laboratory was set up and started functioning in May 2012 in Lahore, Pakistan. More than 5,000 poor and needy people have been given free blood tests of Hepatitis B & C from May 2012 to June 2014. Blood Sugar, complete blood, and other tests are provided at Pearl Laboratory every day so that they become aware of any disease at early stage for proper and immediate treatment.
- Pearl Foundation set up a free camp on May 9, 2012 and provided free blood tests to poor and needy people. Pearl Foundation has kept up such free camps on an on-going basis resulting in nearly 1,000 poor people have received free blood tests.
- Pearl Foundation has distributed free Ramadan grocery packages to over 4,000 needy people in Pakistan so far since 2011.
- We are currently providing vaccination services to needy families.
- In an extremely deserving case, merchandize was purchased to help a small business owned by a lady whose husband, his brother, and his father passed away and there was no one in the family to operate the business and look after the family. Financial assistance was also provided to her for six months to meet her family needs.
- Provided book, supplies and other necessary materials to deserving students who have demonstrated good grades and cannot afford otherwise.
- Pearl Foundation is planning to move to a permanent building by the end of 2014 in Lahore, Pakistan. This facility will be equipped with necessary medical equipment, examination rooms, beds, dispensary and laboratory equipment.
- Pearl Foundation plans to buy a mobile medical unit in the near future which will travel to other areas to provide preventative medical care and blood tests to those in critical need.
- Peal Foundation in coordination with other local NGOs will provide vocational training through sewing schools to widows, needy and poor women to enable them to get employment and gain self esteem.
- Pearl Foundation will provide eye care and medical surgery and treatment to poor and needy eye patients in coordination with local NGOs.
- Peal Foundation has a project under way to provide free school supplies to poor, energetic, intelligent and capable students so that they can excel in their academic goals.
- Distribute new and used garments, household items, children books, toys to needy families and children.
- Provide books, supplies, computers, and other necessary items to deserving students who cannot afford otherwise.
- Provide medical equipment and other medically necessary items to needy disabled people such as wheel chairs, crutches, hearing aids, etc.
- Distribute medical awareness materials and brochures to people so they know about chronic and serious diseases and related medicines and how they can stay alert and healthy and take precautions about food, exercise, and medications. Arrange medical awareness seminars for this purpose.
- Provide clean drinking water to people for healthy living which would help them stay away from many diseases.
- Handle donations for Zakat, Fitrana, Khairat, Aqiqah, Sadaqah, Qurbani, etc and distribute donated money and meat to needy and deserving families or as advised by the donors.
PROJECTS IN THE US
- Delivered ready-to-eat food and also served volunteers to homeless people in Reston, VA and Leesburg, VA homeless shelters.
- Provided new blankets to local homeless people in the Washington DC Metropolitan area.
- Gave financial assistance to local families due to extreme emergencies in the Washington DC Metropolitan area.
- Financial assistance was given to help the victims of Boston bombings and Texas Plant explosion.
- Distributed new blankets for Syrian refugees through City Council of Purcellville for shipment to Turkey.
- Delivered Relief Items for victims of the Sandy Hurricane in the North East of the United States.
- We have been providing urgently needed relief items to needy families and homeless individuals through Reston Interfaith and Community Center. We are building a long-term relationship with Reston Interfaith recently renamed as Cornerstones.
- We distributed free food and grocery packages to 80 needy families in August/September 2013 in Hendon, Reston, Sterling, Leesburg, and Purcellville areas through FAITH organization, Reston Interfaith, as well as directly to needy families.
- Distribute ready to eat food packages to homeless people.
- Provide grocery packages to needy families.
- Provide new and used garments, household items, supplies, toys, and other items to needy families and children.
- Give financial assistance to needy people in extreme exigencies.
- Establish school for religious studies for children and adults.
- Arrange distribution of food, water, medical supplies, clothes, and necessary items for relief to people in need in areas hit by natural disasters or other calamities.
- Accept donations for Zakat, Sadaqah, Aqiqah, Khairat, Fitrana, Kaffarah,Qurbani, etc and distribute money and meat to poor and needy and/or as per donor instructions.
- In cooperation with local doctors we will provide basic medical assistance and help to those who can’t otherwise afford it. We will also provide over-the-counter medicine.
- We will open basic health clinics, namely Pearl Health Center, to provide health care assistance to needy and uninsured people and provide medical awareness materials and arrange seminars for this purpose.
- Establish thrift shops selling donated clothes, household items and stuff, and other donated materials and use the proceeds for shop expenses and to add more stores providing employment opportunities to community as well.